Saturday, March 9, 2013

Animal Rights Protest in Israel - 269 Direct Action


Hey Maniacs!

Yesterday there was a demonstration for animal rights at Tel Aviv. It was organized in order to support the 269 campaign, as they did a direct action for animal liberation in tel aviv last week. 
The action was awesome!
They put farm animals heads on fountains all over Tel Aviv and colored the water with red!


It was a very strong installation and it got publicized by all the media channels and sites.
And it also got A LOT of criticism, even from vegans!
So here is my message. 

I totally support the direct action. I don't consider it violent at all, and it proved efficient by exposing the veganism idea to a whole lot of people through all the media coverage.
Offcourse people would see it and be horrified, but I believe that the more we put animal suffering and veganism into people's faces, it will permeate to their subconscious and sit there.

As you may find shocking, I'm a huge fan of Sigmund Freud, and I think greatly of his theory, the dynamic subconscious. in short it means that we have thing in our subconscious but they don't just sit there idle. they influence us in many different ways we can't even begin to understand. 
I think that the more people will confront vegans and veganism, the idea will permeate to their subconscious and are more likely to become vegans as they face more triggers related.
That's what happened with me 8 years ago when I went vegan.




So the demo was great, I came with Gali and Eyal. loads of vegans came and also the media was there. 
It was said that a few people would come to the protest wearing bathing suit, so I immediately jumped on this opportunity to show my abs, but I was the only one there with a bikini so I skipped that thought.



After the demo, me, Gali and Eyal went for a fruit shake and headed home, as it was friday and we had to catch the last bus to Jerusalem. 






That's it for this time!
What do you think about the Installation? Good? Bad? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
BTD, did you like my new blog design? I worked on it the whole weekend!

Peace out,
Hen ♥



2 comments:

  1. Good post!
    I think the entire design of your blog is brilliant. Keep it up!

    I want to make a small confession:
    When I first heard about the act, I was on a bus home, at night. It came as a shock to me. I couldn't believe it actually happened. I thought at the moment that they've gone too far, that an action like this would repel people and so on.
    Then I visualized the conversations I would inevitably get into tomorrow, as the 'representative' vegan at work, and I realized the simple truth - the one thing that is shocking about this action, is not the location of the animals' heads - it's the fact that someone took their heads off for no good reason, and we simply live with it. There's nothing wrong with exposing the misdoings that people do - it's the very least that could be done for the victims.
    When people ask me about this display, I answer that I think that it is very serious, and that I hope the police will find the people who beheaded these poor animals soon and put them to justice...
    I believe that much like the way that my own opinion changed regarding this act, on a very short period of time - the main-stream opinion is bound to gradually change toward the subject, and I believe that this change is already in motion, like you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you!
    As for the confession, I totally agree... the change is also rapid. in the period of 8 years the vegan worls has changed so much that I couldn't dream about it at my early vegan days.

    ReplyDelete

Test Footer 2

Blogger news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...