Sunday, June 9, 2013

Game of Thrones Season Finale WTF?!?!?!


Hello Maniacs!

If you haven't seen yet episode 9 of season 3 of GOT you're going to have spoilers here.
Go see it and come back.

Here's my first reaction the that episode as captured by my brother who knew all about what's coming.



But after relaxing I got to think more seriously about the effect that show has on our cinema and storytelling.

Game of Thrones.
What were you thinking?
No...seriously...what the hell was going through your mind?

I know the story is based on a book, and I assume what happened to Robb and Catelyn happened also in the book, but I think that show seriously breaks every rule in film making, cinema and storytelling.
Traditional cinema is all about creating a character the audience can relate to, have it go through stuff together with the audience and resolve the conflict he was presented with.
Asian cinema is also breaking all these rules and it's one of the reasons I have a problem with it, but if we're talking about GOT, I can honestly say I had never seen in all my 24 years of living such a thing.

When they killed Ned, I was horrified. He was such a major character in the story, and he was a stark, which we all got to know from the beginning, and got to relate to them the most. But now, they almost completely erased house of stark with that damned red wedding. You see what I mean? After seeing some video reaction I understood why people feel betrayed and why they say they don't want to watch this show anymore, because they really have been betrayed. No one does that. No one kills that many main characters from the side that the viewers share solidarity with. That's insane.
And that's why I love it so much.

Can't wait to the season finale!
Besides I hated Robb anyway.

What did you think about this episode?
What are your thought about this series?
Let me know in the comments bellow and no spoilers!

See ya next time!
Love
Henya♥








2 comments:

Test Footer 2

Blogger news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...